Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love Seeks not its own =]...

A lovely quote on love by John Piper....

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
"Love is patient, love kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. "

Love seeks not its own (v.5)

"a massive craving in our hearts must die, if we are going to love."

A Call to Love . . . and to Death

  • Being long-suffering means dying to the desire for an untroubled life.
  • Having no jealousy means dying to the desire for unshared affection.
  • Not boasting means dying to the desire to call attention to our successes.
  • Not acting unbecomingly means dying to the desire to express our freedom offensively.
  • Not seeking our own way means dying to the dominance of our own preferences.
  • Not being easily provoked means dying to the need for no frustrations.
  • Not taking account of wrongs means dying to the desire for revenge.
  • Bearing all things and enduring all things means dying to the desire to run away from the pain of obedience.
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/resources/dying-as-a-means-of-loving-part-2

dying to self and alive to Love is the key :) !!! How amazing is Your love towards us =]...
Dear Lord I know You are trying to tell me something, and You have opened up my mind and my eyes and You will help me through this. I need Your strength in me :). Thank You Lord for Your guidance, in Jesus name, I will learn to love like how You have loved me. I will no longer seek things to become my own, I will do whatever I can to value things for others more than myself. For if I have not love then I have gain nothing =]... I love You Daddy, SO SO SO MUCH !! Thank You for Your amazing grace and abundance of blessings in my life, I dont know what I would do without You here in my life. Jesus You are my sanctuary =]. Thank You Daddy and I will keep praising Your name for all is good, and all is well in Your perfect and pleasing will. I know that everything happens for a reason and that reason is good for me :). Thank You Daddy !! AMen =]...

ps: Holy Spirit fill me more and more, I welcome You into the deepest part of my soul, take over all of me and make it Your sanctuary, make it all Yours, make it Your home =]. in the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment