Thursday, August 26, 2010

A relationship lesson...

"Seek to be a blessing even while you seek to be blessed. Make it a goal to be able to say, even of the relationships that are short-lived, that you blessed that person even as you sought and expected blessing. You should invest in such a way that the other person is blessed through you and left better off for having known you.

The hope is always that if a dating relationship does not end in marriage each person is still richer for the experience not stripped of worth and crushed in spirit. If it ends in marriage, the foundation and pattern for increased wealth and worth will have been laid. If you learn to care for hearts as a single person, it WILL transfer into marriage. If your dating is opportunistic and selfish, expect more of the same in marriage.

To us is given the gift of the Holy Spirit. We must have in mind, then, that God has endowed each person we meet with the Holy Spirit. We encounter saints every day. The dating process is not different. The world of dating would perhaps be a whole lot more charitable if it was conducted with this thought in mind. Or perhaps we could keep in mind that "whatever [we] do, whether in word or deed, [we] do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him" (Col. 3:17).

In other words, you need to be able to give thanks to God the Father for the way you have treated that other person. Whatever comes of the relationship you should be able to say that you honored that person "in the name of the Lord Jesus." Love them like Hosea loved Gomer—as God loves us."

- Hudson Russel Davis-

I am truly sorry for what has happened and the things that I have said were hurtful...I will bless you dearly. For an amazing grace has fallen on me and if it weren't for this then I won't be who I am today. This has made me encounter the deepest of His love I have found in my life. Therefore I thank you. I am delighted to see that you are happy and well. I'll keep praying for you, you were and still are an important person in my life. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment