Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Cake and the Candy :)




An illustration that God revealed to me few days ago :)...

Often as a child we dont know much of what is really out there right and as a child we would cry out and ask for candy because that is all that we know about to be good to eat. and when our parents wants to give us cake for instance, they clearly know it tastes much better. But we dont? and we keep asking for candy but they obviously would not give it to us and we would cry about it until we finally eat a spoonful of the cake and taste the goodness of it

God gave me that illustration for how much I wanted things in life that I know to be good at that time? Say a relationship that failed and how much I wanted to hold on to the prospect of being with this man. But that is not God's idea. No matter how much I cried about the man, God would not give him to me.

He wants me to enjoy the cake which is so much better than a candy but i have yet to taste that cake or even know about it and that is why i kept on wanting and crying for the thing that I know right now to be good.

I am waiting for the fulfillment of His promise. But I trust in His unfailing love, I trust in the heart of the Father who would only give what is good to the daughter. The Father Who would only give what is BEST for His daughter :)!

I may not know what this 'cake' is or what does it taste like, but if God said it will be good then I will hold on to it. We may have to wait longer for the cake to come or to know about the cake than the candy that we have tasted. But His love is enduring and He cares deeply about our desires :).

Lets apply this illustration for the walks of our lives where God may forbid us from having some things no matter how much tears we have shed. Trust in Him that He will deliver us and fullfill His promises in the BEST time. Not our time but His time :). Amen

James 1:12
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

Luke 21:19
"By standing firm you will gain life."

"To God be the glory for ever and ever. Amen :)" (Phil 4:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment